“Making a mix for Modyfier wasn’t an easy job for me. If I do a promo mix for my myspace page or a club promoter, I choose more tracks for the mix which I would play at the main time in a club. For a radio set, I tend to choose more warm-up tracks, because it’s intended more for listening than dancing.
However, for Modyfier, I wanted to do something really special – a mix that is more timeless. To record a club set was too boring for me. This was the reason why I thought for a long time about what I could do that would personally be more interesting. This is how the idea came about to compile the tracks that have been the most emotional for me over the course of my career as a DJ.”
01. Télépopmusik – Breathe (Extended Mix) – Catalogue
02. Unai – I like your style – Force Tracks
03. Blaze – Lovely day – Playhouse
04. Nina Simone – Here comes the sun (Francois K. Rmx) – Innervisions
05. Justin Martin – The sad piano (Charles Webster Rmx) – Buzzin’ Fly
06. Trentemoller – Le Champagne – Naked Music
07. Lindstrom – I feel space – Feedelity
08. DNTEL – (This is) the dream of Evan and Chan (Superpitcher Rmx) – Plug Research
09. Erlend Oye – Sudden Rush (Ewan Pearson Rmx) – Source
10. Chelonis R. Jones – I don’t know? – Get Physical Music
11. Morgan Geist – Super – Environ
12. Moloko – Sing it back (Herbert’s Tasteful Dub) – F-111
13. Sebastien Tellier – La Ritournelle (Sven Love & Catalan FC Rmx) – Record Makers
14. Télépopmusik – Breathe (Jori Hulkkonen Rmx) – Catalogue
While in search of a mixtape for Mixtape Mondays, I came across a music blog by the name of modyfier. Modyfier features guests djs ranging from a wide array of electronica djs and producers. For the latest “process” by Marc Poppcke, look forward to tracks that may or may not receive club play. However, the individual tracks are true gems within the dance music genre. Personally, I felt Lindstrom’s “I feel space” just isn’t the same without Simon Lord’s vocals. Hope you all like our new layout.
To download right-click and save as. For Mac users hit “Control+click”.