Aiight, so the promoter of this show deserves a Crystal Pepsi AND a Vitamin Water (which i sho could use right about now – day after dehydration sets in again..). It was, for a lack of better and more street-cred-suitable words, terrific. The vibe was really good overall. I guess you have to expect that it wouldn’t be much like, say an M.O.P concert with about 99.9% of the songs being on the love tip. ANTE UP.
In terms of no-shows, I guess I was misinformed, it was only the two brothers from Jodeci. No Mr. Dalvin (what was his role in the group again??) or Devante, which was pretty wack. However, this truly paled in comparison to the fact Ralph Tresvant wasn’t there!! For real, that was a hell of a dissapointment. Apparently he was “sick”. Whatever the case, for a big fan such as myself, it wasnt news I wanted to hear.
Other than a a few typical speedbumps along the way (starting way behind schedule, terrible open act, overly motivated security), it was a great time, which seemed to be the case for everyone there.
A few memorable moments include:
- K-Ci being his regular naked and crackerish self
- All the classics of SWV and New Edition
- Coko from SWV is MAD thick now..but i still love her nonetheless
- New Edition’s ill dance routines – If it isn’t love was as tight as it was in 1988
- The insanely skewed girl to guy ratio
- Seeing dudes (myself included) singing along to SWV’s “Weak”
First picture is of K-CI half ass neked.
Next up is what’s left of New Edition at this point, which is Bel Biv Devoe and Johnny Gill.
And last but not least the ladies from SWV.